Looking for President Bond Precarious Housing Forms!
After the resignation of Abel Heijkamp as chairman, in connection with his start as content coordinator for the project “Security of residence is the basis”, the board of the Bond Precaire Woonvorms (BPW) is looking for a new chairman.
The BPW is an association that fights for the right to housing and the city. We stand up for the housing rights of people who live temporarily, insecurely or too expensively. As a solidarity movement, we stand for housing security for everyone. We help residents to organize into solidarity networks and offer support on a substantive, moral, legal and organizational level.
The current board consists of 6 people: a secretary, treasurer and four general board members. The chairmanship is currently held jointly by the board. The board meets on average once every 2 months, preferably on Tuesday evening. The members also maintain contact with each other by telephone (via Signal) and by email. On average, the board members spend approximately 6 hours per month on various activities and/or consultations.
The chairman has the following duties:
- Drafting the agenda of the board meetings, in collaboration with the secretary and content coordinator;
- Preside over board meetings;
- Preparing and following up actions;
- Monitoring the applicable laws and regulations (together with other board members) and the continuity of the association;
- Contact person of the BPW board.
We look for the following in a chairman:
- You support the objectives of the BPW;
- You are careful;
- You are involved;
- You can handle confidential information.
The official appointment as chairman will take place during the upcoming General Members' Meeting on Saturday, June 17, 2023 in Utrecht.
Are you excited to work with us to ensure the continuation of the work of the BPW? Do you want to run for president? Send us a short motivation and/or contact us at: