Sell affordable senior housing
Sunday 6 October 2019 has Action group Not For Sale together with angry tenants the ground floor apartment at the Borgerstraat 75 in Amsterdam busy. The owner, housing association fellow townsman, does this social rental home in the sale to do. This means that another social rental home will disappear. In addition, this house is very suitable for seniors or other people who infirm to be.
Action group Niet Te Koop wants to make a statement with the occupation and fights against
- Sale of affordable social housing in general
- Loss of the Borgerstraat 75 for seniors with a limited income in particular
In 2016 Action group Not For Sale already has the house at Borgerstraat 73 busy, also for the same reason. Stadgenoot has not taken any notice of this action and has withdrawn that house as social housing after all.
The patience has run out
This time Stadgenoot will not get away with it easily. The action group demands that and continues to fight until the house is rented out again as social housing.
Join the fight
Bond Precaire Woonvorm fully supports this action and supports and participates in this occupation action.
- Follow Action Group Not For Sale on Twitter (@Not for sale) or Facebook (fb.com/NietTeKoopAmsterdam)
- Come to actions and meetings
- ... or just drop by (Borgerstraat 75, Amsterdam)
On Sunday 13 October, the Not For Sale Action Group will hold an Open House.
- Date Sunday October 13th
- Time: 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Location: Borgerstraat 75, Amsterdam